Paul Jurdeczka is a Partner at Chambers Russell Lawyers who practises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with a focus on building & construction, insurance and strata.
After 20 years acting for clients ranging from insurance companies and the NSW Government, through to owners corporations, lot owners, builders, and developers, Paul is an experienced litigator and advocate. He has acted in all major jurisdictions in New South Wales including the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, District Court, Local Court and the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal, as well as other states and territories in Australia. Paul’s practice ranges from multi-million dollar defects claims (including against building professionals) and construction disputes through to debt recovery, property claims and strata disputes. He has extensive experience in the insurance industry, in particular home building, construction and property claims.
Paul holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University. He prepares and presents seminars to a range of stakeholders in the property and construction industries, including to legal practitioners. Paul is a member of:
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Strata Community Australia (NSW - Suppliers Chapter)
- Australian Construction Law Discussion Group
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Australasian Concrete Repair Association
Paul has acted in a number of leading cases over the years including:
- The Owners - Strata Plan 81837 v Multiplex Hurstville Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1488 (4 October 2018)
- Tan v The Owners - Strata Plan 22014  NSWSC 1660 (19 November 2014); Tan v The Owners Strata Plan No 22014  NSWSC 71 (19 February 2015); Tan v The Owners Strata Plan 22014 (No 2)  NSWSC 1920 (17 December 2015); Tan v The Owners Strata Plan 22014 (No 3)  NSWSC 896 (28 June 2016);
- Gardez Nominees Pty Ltd -v- NSW Self Insurance Corporation  NSWSC 532 (28 April 2016)
- The Owners Strata Plan No. 73943 -v- 2 Elizabeth Bay Road Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1769 (29 November 2013)
- Chapman v Taylor & Ors; Vero Insurance Ltd v Taylor & Ors  NSWCA 456 (13 December 2004)